L'Institut Agro Montpellier
L'Institut Agro Montpellier
- In short
- Contact us
The Agro Institute on the Montpellier campus has two facilities:
Capp'O Sud (South-oriented Projects Support Unit) is one of the Montpellier Supagro ecosystem's facilities dedicated to innovation and entrepreneurship. Capp'O Sud is specifically dedicated to raising awareness and supporting business creation for economic development in Southern countries. Capp'O Sud is aimed at all project leaders in the South, who wish to settle in a country of Maghreb, Africa, Latin America or Asia, whether they are students or graduates or simply project leaders from a country of the South. It provides them with all the know-how, experience and professional relations that an institution with a strong international focus can offer in the fields of agronomy, agricultural development, agribusiness and environment, both in the North and the South, and directly at the service of entrepreneurship.
The Agro Valo Méditerranée incubator welcomes students, researchers, PhD students and any entrepreneur with an innovation to develop in partnership with a laboratory. The incubator is a member of the Synersud network and the French Tech #FoodTech thematic network. Its services mainly revolve around three areas: Pre-incubation (ideation, emergence and maturation of projects); Expertise and technical feasibility studies in the fields of agriculture and agribusiness.
Institut Agro Montpellier works with the diaspora in different networks:
- Its African and Maghreb students (including the Montpellier Senegalese student association) 180 African students/year, mainly from the following countries Senegal, Tunisia, Côte d'Ivoire, Morocco and Cameroon;
- Its African and Maghreb graduates through the Alumni network;
- Higher education colleagues who are partners in university cooperation projects;
- Incubators and support structures located in Africa.
The Institut Agro - Capp'O Sud is a historical partner of MeetAfrica. In collaboration since the 1st project "Entreprendre en Afrique" and then on MeetAfrica phase I with :
- Technical expertise for 35 project leaders selected in the framework of the first projects;
- Project leaders from students and graduates of our school who have benefited from these programmes.
- Proposed services
- Target countriesCameroon, Ivory Coast, Mali, Morocco, Senegal, ...Target audienceResearchers & Academics, Students and recent graduates, Women entrepreneurs, Entrepreneurship / investment support organizations, Wanna-be entrepreneursProject phasesIdeation, Incubation, Acceleration, GrowthProposed servicesAid for innovation, Business plan and implementation plan, Co-incubation Europe-Africa, Diagnosis and business model, Market study, ...Activity sectorsAgriculture and agri-food, Green tech/ Environmental and urban servicesDiaspora priority level valueNo criteria